Location: Melbourne VIC
Do you have the background, experience and the passion to join us in a leading role in the financial management of our business?
Australian Maritime Technologies (AMT) provides key roles in current naval acquisition Programs and in capability upgrades to the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Fleet. Our business requires dedication and focus in support of the security of Australia and we are seeking an experienced and motivated financial manager to join us.
We are a highly respected and 100% Australian owned engineering consultancy, currently numbering around 60 staff and established over 35 years ago to provide ship design and naval engineering support to Australian and regional Defence projects.
We have been growing our highly skilled naval design team to meet increasing demand across all of our naval architecture, mechanical and electrical engineering and systems integration departments.
Our key assets are our people and our staff are consistent in their positive feedback of our relaxed, friendly and professional team environment.
Hybrid working location and Rostered Days Off:
Enjoy all that employment with AMT has to offer, including the ability to work flexibly from our Melbourne CBD based engineering office and from home. In addition, we offer a fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO).
The Finance and Business Manager reports directly to the Managing Director of AMT and will assume day to day responsibility for the following activities:
- Perform the effective financial management of business and commercial operations of the Company which relate to and rely on the work of the Finance Department; and
- Assist in the development of goals and objectives for the effective financial management of the Company which are consistent with and supportive of the current Strategic Plan endorsed by Company Directors. This includes reporting on and regular review of these goals.
This position also acts as Company Secretary to AMT and its Holding Company.
The position will work with the Management Team to realise the Company’s vision and key finance objectives. As this is a broad role within a small business, you must be willing to have a “hands on” approach.
For a more information on this role, download the Finance and Business Manager Position description.
To be successful, you will need to have the skills and attributes listed below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A degree qualification relating to the field of Finance or Business and CA/CPA qualifications;
- Australian Citizenship;
- Experience with ERP Systems. SAP Business ByDesign experience would be advantageous;
- Experience working in a SME that is a labour service provider, specifically with a good understanding of Project Work in Progress and Revenue Recognition in a Project Management environment
- Demonstrated financial management and business experience; and
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
To be considered you must include in in your application a response to each of the Key Selection Criteria above.
Please also address our additional selection considerations:
- Capacity to manage operations in a manner that contributes to the development of the business within a risk management framework;
- Experience in Company Secretary functions;
- Excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus;
- ICT proficiency; and
- High level of professional standards and conduct.
Due to the nature of the business, you must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance. The selection process for this role will include pre-employment screening including a Police Records Check.
Why join us?
We offer an attractive, competitive salary package and employment conditions, including flexible working arrangements, working from home and a fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO).
Be part of a great team environment, in our staff owned business.
If you have what it takes to join us in our continuing and growing success, we would like to hear from you.
In your application, please include a CV and cover letter outlining your relevant skills, experience, Australian Citizenship and your motivation for joining us. Importantly, please provide a response to each of the Key Selection Criteria in your cover letter.
Applications close at midday on Friday 9 February 2024.
Please apply via the job vacancy listed on the Seek website, by clicking the “apply now” button below.